WOO - CONNECTEDNESS - POSITIVITY - ARRANGER- MAXIMIZER

Friday, June 14, 2013

Selfless Service

Howdy Everyone! This morning I saw the link to my blog on my Facebook profile and realized that it had been a LONG time since I have even looked at my blog. As I scrolled through my old posts, reading my thoughts and posts from years back, I realized just how much I love reflecting on the past. What a wonderful reminder for me to post a new blog today so years from now I can look back and remember those memories you never want to forget. So get ready for an overload of posts coming your way. It is my goal to get back on track! Since my last post in October of 2012 a lot of excitment has happened! This year I decided to spend time focusing on things that were important to me and as a result would inspire others. As I looked back on 2012 I noticed that I spent a lot of time doing things for everyone else but failed to really focus on me and making an impact. As I sat down at the beginning of 2013 to think about what I wanted to do this year, selfless services kept coming to mind. While I wanted to make time to focus on me, I think selfless servie ultimately is a reward for yourself. I get so much fulfillment out of helping others. But, I do think that selfless service also means knowing where to draw the line. At some point, selfless service can result in you loosing track of yourself and doing things for you because you are making so much time for others. Therefore, my goal for this year is to focus on being selfless and inspiring others while still making time for myself and my future. Stay tuned for updates on the latest.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great goal. Looking forward to more blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I sucked at keeping my end of the bargain....time to get back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete